- Public sector entering ‘wild west’ as UK hits peak GDPR frenzy, says ST2 Technology
- Smart Cities: Vehicle routing and its contribution to a 'smart' environment with the help of asset finance
- Are consumers’ opinions of hybrid vehicles changing?
- ABM Critical Solutions completes emergency clean for London college
- UK public sector procurement: current state of play
The Leisure centre has undergone a £5.5million refurbishment funded by London Borough of Hillingdon and includes new reception area, changing rooms, disabled facilities and gym. The focus is the upgrade of the 2000m2 pool which has been re-tiled and has a new filtration system. Aqua Process Engineers of London installed Atlantic’s high efficiency RS Turboflow plate heat exchangers to fine tune the heat into the pool. The 33m main Pool (29°C) and Learner Pool (30°C) – are maintained at steady temperature. Each pool water is returned to a filter then pumped through an Atlantic RS Turboflow plate heat exchanger where it receives precise re-heating to match the pool heat loss.
The RS TURBOFLOW exchanger plates are entirely-made of austenitic 316L stainless steel with ethylene-propylene-diene-terpolymer high grade jointings ensuring long life and pristine condition. They are designed to result in minimal pumping loss and have been used in scores of applications across the UK from Scotland to Cornwall including systems involving condensing boilers. They are extremely compact and provide reliable hygienic hot water whilst avoiding most scale build-up.