- Public sector entering ‘wild west’ as UK hits peak GDPR frenzy, says ST2 Technology
- Smart Cities: Vehicle routing and its contribution to a 'smart' environment with the help of asset finance
- Are consumers’ opinions of hybrid vehicles changing?
- ABM Critical Solutions completes emergency clean for London college
- UK public sector procurement: current state of play
Kingspan Timber Solutions are the UK’s leading supplier of premium performance building envelopes. All areas of the business are underpinned by a genuine commitment to continuous improvement and a professional approach to delivery.
The Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panel is an innovative Structural Insulated Panel System (SIPs) which is capable of cladding any structure – be it timber, steel or concrete. The panels are 142 or 172mm thick and consist of a high performance rigid urethane insulation core, sandwiched between two layers of 15mm oriented strand board (OSB). Each panel has a minimum width of 200mm and a maximum of 1,220mm together with a maximum length of 7,500mm.
Custom-made panels are manufactured to suit each individual project requirement. For efficient crane erection, panels can be pre-assembled prior to delivery in the Kingspan TEK® factory using TEK’s unique jointing system.
The unique insulated spline jointing system — is what sets Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panels apart from competitors. Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panels have a recessed edge along each perimeter which can accommodate a unique insulated joint or, where required for structural strength a C16 grade timber spline. These joints are fixed in place through the panel’s OSB/3 facings. Expanding urethane sealant is applied between the core of the cassette and the panel, tightly sealing the jointing system delivering an extremely airtight cladding panel.
The lightweight panels can enable a fast track building process which reduces construction time. A three man team can typically install 150m2 of Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panels per day, allowing follow-on trades to commence work sooner, once panels are erected and wrapped with a breathable membrane.
When combined with appropriate fenestration details and taped joints, Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panels deliver:
- Highly energy efficient buildings
- U-Values of 0.20 to 0.10 W/m2K or better
- Leakage levels significantly better than 5 m3/hour.m 2
- Highly airtight construction achieving air permeability of less than 3 m3/hr.m2 at 50 Pa.
- Zero ODP and low Global Warming Potential
- High dimensional accuracy with zero shrinkage and minimal site waste
- Construction that correspond to BRE Global Green Guide -Summary Rating A+ depending on outer cladding material
The Kingspan TEK® Building System is recognised by the major building warranty providers such as NHBC, Building Life Plans and Premier Guarantee and also holds BBA and NSAI Agrément Certification. Through the company’s extensive product portfolio, Kingspan Timber Solutions’ focus is firmly on value engineering. With a collaborative culture, Kingspan Timber Solutions design, manufacture, assemble and project manage the construction of cutting-edge timber solutions across all construction sectors.
For more information or to book a CPD please:
Call: 01767 676400