Portakabin Hire, the UK’s leading supplier of interim building solutions, has delivered 345 disaster recovery projects to date, helping organisations across the UK to get up and running again as quickly as possible after major incidents such as flooding, fire and the discovery of asbestos.
“It is really important that all organisations – from schools to businesses and regardless of size, can be fully operational as fast as possible to minimise the impact of a major incident”, said Robert Snook, Director and General Manager of Portakabin Hire.
“Our local hire teams around the country have a wealth of knowledge in disaster recovery and work closely with a number of major insurers to help ensure disruption is kept to an absolute minimum. We have a fleet of modules held in stock across the UK which allows us to supply emergency accommodation within hours. Speed of response in an emergency situation is absolutely critical.”
With over 50 locations from Inverness to Plymouth, Portakabin has the largest hire centre network in the UK and so is ideally placed to provide advice and emergency accommodation to businesses, public sector organisations and schools nationwide.
Should a building become unusable, for example after flooding or other urgent situations such as fire, power failure or the discovery of asbestos, Portakabin Hire can assist with a number of options:
Single modular buildings can be rapidly delivered to an organisation’s site, often within 24 hours, from its national hire fleet of modules. This allows core operations to be working again very quickly.
A bespoke, longer-term accommodation solution can then be prepared to an organisation’s exact specifications if the existing building has been so severely damaged that it will be out of use for a number of months.
An agreed set of fully furnished buildings can be prepared and stored for delivery to site in a matter of hours in the event of a crisis situation, as part of a contingency plan.
The Portakabin Hire team can help with:
- Generators for emergency power
- Connections to waste tanks if it is not possible to connect the interim facilities to mains services
- Security and alarm systems which can be an important requirement if interim accommodation has to be located outside the customer’s site
- Access ramps
- Patching data communications into the organisation’s main network
- Foundations for interim buildings.
Portakabin Hire also sets out a number of important commitments in its ground breaking customer charter. These include:
- Meeting the most challenging timescales – 80 per cent of Portakabin buildings for hire will be delivered within 14 days and some within just 24 hours
- Providing cost certainty – accurate project quotations with no hidden cost variations
- Visiting every customer within 24 hours of initial contact
- Providing a 24-hour service, seven days a week
- Delivering every project on time and on budget.