- Public sector entering ‘wild west’ as UK hits peak GDPR frenzy, says ST2 Technology
- Smart Cities: Vehicle routing and its contribution to a 'smart' environment with the help of asset finance
- Are consumers’ opinions of hybrid vehicles changing?
- ABM Critical Solutions completes emergency clean for London college
- UK public sector procurement: current state of play
BSRIA is delighted to announce the release of its second topic guide on the subject of “legionella” which is available to download free from its website.
The BSRIA Topic Guides are designed to be an ‘at a glance publication’ introducing readers to key industry topics and suggesting further reading.
The guide is aimed at those looking for basic information about legionella including definition, history and prevalence. There is also guidance on the relevant legislation and supporting documentation alongside some risk management tips to ensure compliance.
Expert commentary is provided by BSRIA’s Head of Energy & Environment, Reginald Brown, as he looks at cooling towers and whether they are beneficial to legionella management or prevent a higher risk.
Reginald said: “Despite the serious nature of legionella, the risk of legionnaires’ disease is relatively small. The risks in water systems can be almost eliminated through sensible design decisions and good standards of maintenance. This guide introduces you to the risks and can be used as an initial starting point in understanding how to manage said risks.”
TG08/2015 ‘At a Glance’ – Legionella is now free to download from the BSRIA website for members and non-members alike: www.bsria.co.uk